"Individually we are one drop. Together, we are the ocean." ~ from the ship dedication plaque
The USS Bonaventure (NCC-2105) was a Miranda class starship operated by Starfleet in the late 23rd century. It was the second ship to bear the name, but because of a significant change in ship class, it was not given a letter designation, and was bestowed a new registry number. The Bonaventure was commanded in 2285 by Captain Dhol K'shav.
The Bonaventure was commissioned in 2280, however construction was delayed until 2282. The Bonaventure launched at the end of 2283. It was assigned to several 5 year missions, and over the years proved a reliable workhorse in the fleet. It was eventually mothballed in 2356 after 10 years serving as an Academy training ship, where it stayed in reserve ship status for quite some time.
In 2370, after the destruction of the Odyssey at the hands of the Jem'Hadar, the Bonaventure was pulled out of reserve along with many other obsolete vessels, and given modern retrofitting in anticipation of a potential conflict with The Dominion.
The Bonaventure was destroyed in 2373 while defending a colony in the Cardassian Demilitarized Zone.
Senior Officers (2285)
- Commanding Officer: Captain Dhol K'shav
- First Officer: Cmdr. Foster Granvill
- Chief Engineer: Lt. T'vor
- Ship's Surgeon: Dr. V'roog Kaaznis
- Chief Science Officer: Lt. (J.G.) Michelle McGee
- Weapons Officer: Lt. Shahl Tarsi
- Quartermaster: Chief Petty Officer Tag'ru Gorr'l
- Security Chief: Lt. Cmdr. Dixon Beauregard
- Communications Officer: Ensign Betty Conway
- Helm Officer: Ensign Alberto Dominguez
- Conn Officer: Ensign Nikolai Tapinski